Join us for a video check in and video worship.
Shepherd will be several opportunities to check in with you and the rest of our family over the next several weeks.
One of these options will be video chat opportunities. We are planning to host live chats for Worship on Wednesdays and Sundays as well as group meetings and more.
We will be using the Google Hangouts Meet application. You can access this application in three ways: on desktop via a web browser, on mobile via the downloaded app (search Google Meet), or by calling in on your phone. Invitations will be sent out via email and can be found on our website and will include a link to the meeting for video chat and a phone number for you to call in. When you call in you will need the PIN that ends with a "#".
Please contact Deacon Brian with any question at Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Google Meet is different from Google Hangouts (ish…it’s a little more complicated, but basically it’s different.) We are using the Google Meet platform for everything.
2) There will always be two mute buttons on the main screen. The one at the bottom of the page/app is your controls, the one in the middle next to the pin is for the person speaking. Try to avoid the middle mute buttons as you will be muting someone else and not yourself.
3) You cannot use Google Meet on mobile browsers (phones, iPads, tablets). For mobile devices you must download and use the Google Meet app! The mobile browsers will not handle the software properly and you will have connection issues. On desktop you can only use the browser as there is no desktop app. (This is perhaps a half truth. There might be circumstances where you might able to use mobile browsers, but I am encouraging all mobile users to use the app only…it’s just easier.)
4) Meeting codes: If you are ever asked for a “code” that is the meeting code. The meeting code is the string of letters following the meet.google.com url. For example, today’s worship meeting url was https://meet.google.com/nyu-bmvv-hqr The “code” is the nyu-bmvv-hqr at the end of the url. Do not type the hyphens “-“ in the code, just the letters. If you click on the direct links you won’t/shouldn't need the code. If you just go to meet.google.com and click “join meeting” then you will need that code. Our meeting codes are always published in the full urls.
5) Callers can both mute and unmute their own mics be pressing star-six (*6) on their phone keypads. I will of course continue to monitor that, but they can control their own destiny with *6.